Lesson Eleven: Write Here, Write Now!
Resources you will need
- Lesson 11 Narrative Writing PowerPoint slides (1 copy per student as this contains the narrative writing prompt)
- Narrative writing prompts (1 copy per student)
- Now that your students have some understanding about how to write a narrative, ask them to construct a narrative themselves.
- Hand out to the class copies of the Dolphins in Captivity Fact Sheet. They may also find it useful to consult further resources on the topic.
- Provide them with the Lesson 11 Narrative Writing PowerPoint slides as these slides contain the narrative writing prompt for this exercise (also distribute the Narrative writing prompts document).
- Students can discuss ideas and plan their response. Ask them to create a narrative based on the prompt in the slides.
- Give students time in class to compose and develop their skills related to narrative writing.
- For example, timing writing responses (5 minutes planning, 30 minutes writing, and 5 minutes editing) or completing sections of a narrative in class.
- If time permits, encourage students to attempt the additional prompts in the slides (and in the Narrative writing prompts document).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.