Website terms and conditions
Voiceless Limited ABN 49 108 494 631 (we or us) provides a range of electronic services including this website and electronic newsletters (Electronic Services).
These terms and conditions have been developed and published on this website to ensure that you understand the legal terms that govern your use of our Electronic Services. You must therefore read and agree to the following terms and conditions before accessing and using our Electronic Services:
- By accessing or subscribing to any Electronic Services you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and any acceptable use policy we may introduce in future (which will form part of these terms and conditions).
- We may vary or amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any changes to these terms and conditions will be effective immediately from the time we post the amendments to our website at www.voiceless.org.au or we notify you in any other way. You may like to print a copy of these terms and conditions for your records. We also recommend you check our website for any changes from time to time.
- All media, information, trade marks, trade names, logos and other material provided through our Electronic Services (including all copyright and other rights contained in them) are our property or the property of our licensors and must not be reproduced or dealt with in any way other than for the purpose and in the manner we provide them. Part VB and section 183 entitlements reserved. For information about Part VB (educational use) and section 183 (government use) visit Copyright Agency Limited or the Australian Copyright Council.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, our Electronic Services are provided solely for your personal non-commercial use.
- Any link you make to an Electronic Service must be in a way that presents the service as we intended. You must not directly link to, frame or manipulate the material contained in an Electronic Service or disguise its origin or ownership.
- You agree to us communicating with you regarding our various activities, events, goods or services by electronic messages.
- You must only redistribute electronic messages we send you by using any facility we provide within the message (like clicking on a “Forward this message to a friend” link). If we don’t provide that facility, you must not redistribute the message without our consent (but you can encourage your friends to sign up to our Electronic Services to get our messages too).
- We use reasonable care in preparing and presenting material we provide through our Electronic Services. Information may be provided by third parties, including other users, and we are under no obligation to verify this information.
- Information we supply is provided as general information only and not professional advice. We do not provide legal advice. You should not rely on the information we supply and must make your own independent enquiries and obtain appropriate advice regarding any issue before making any decision or taking any action.
- We do not necessarily endorse the content of websites to which we have provided links and encourage you to make your own decision about the accuracy and reliability of information found on those websites. If you believe we are linking to any material that infringes the rights of a third party (including copyright), please notify us immediately.
- We make no statements or guarantees relating to the operation of our Electronic Services, or that the information and material provided through our Electronic Services is accurate, suitable for you, always available, complete or current. We encourage you to check the accuracy and currency of any information provided through our Electronic Services before referring others to that information.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, we take no responsibility and disclaim all liability for information or services provided through our Electronic Services, or for decisions made on the basis of information shown or not shown through our Electronic Services (whether due to our negligence or otherwise). Information provided through our Electronic Services is in no way provided as our advice, approval, recommendation or endorsement and any reference or link to other websites or any reference to other people, services or information, is provided only for your awareness and should not be relied on.
- To the full extent permitted by law, we disclaim all liability for any claims, loss, damage, costs (including legal costs), expense or liability of any kind suffered by you or any other person in connection with our Electronic Services, whether direct, indirect, consequential or special and whether we were aware of the possibility of that loss or damage or whether it was due to our negligence or otherwise. You unconditionally release us and our officers, employees, agents, contractors and advisors from any such liability.
- The opinions expressed on the Voiceless Blog by guest authors and interviewees are those of the relevant contributors and may not necessarily represent the views of Voiceless. Reliance upon any content, opinion, representation or statement contained in Voiceless Blog articles is at the sole risk of the reader. Information provided does not constitute legal advice and should not be taken as such. Voiceless Blog articles are protected by copyright and no part should be reproduced in any form without the prior consent of Voiceless.
- While we endeavour to promote informed debate and discussion, you agree that in posting comments to the Voiceless website, you will not make defamatory or slanderous posts or posts of an obscene, tortious, offensive or illegal nature.
- We reserve the right to edit, refuse to post or to remove any comments and/or materials (in whole or in part) made on the Voiceless website that we consider in any way objectionable or in breach of the law. We may do so at any time, without notice and at our sole discretion.
- Any personal information, e-mail addresses or other electronic addresses provided in or accessible through an Electronic Service must not be harvested for use in another database or used to send commercial electronic messages or be placed on any e-mail distribution list.
- You are liable for any claims by other users, third parties or us for loss, damage, costs or expenses suffered in connection with your use and participation in our Electronic Services and material that you provide us (including claims it is defamatory or infringes confidentiality or intellectual property rights) and you must indemnify us and our officers, employees, agents, contractors and advisors against any such claims.
- To the full extent permitted by law, we exclude all terms and warranties implied by law. If a term or warranty cannot be lawfully excluded, we limit our liability to the extent permitted by law to, at our option, resupplying or the cost of you acquiring the relevant services, goods or equivalent goods, or in the case of goods, repairing or the cost of having the goods repaired.
- We make no guarantees that our Electronic Services or the information contained in or provided through our Electronic Services will be free of harmful computer viruses, data, code or programs. You should ensure you are using an up to date virus scanner.
- To the full extent permitted by law, we will not be liable in any circumstances for any delays or interruptions in the provision of our Electronic Services.
- At any time and without notice or liability we may change the content or format or method of delivery of our Electronic Services, withdraw any material or services provided or refuse to allow any user or third party access to our Electronic Services.
- Access to and participation in our Electronic Services is governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia and you agree to be bound by the laws and submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of New South Wales.
- Nothing in an Electronic Service is an offer to provide goods or services in any place if to do so would be in any way unlawful in that place. You must not access an Electronic Service from such a place or use it in a way that would result in a breach of a law of that place.
- We may transfer or sublicense our rights and obligations under these terms and conditions but you may not.
- The use of the word “including” in these terms and conditions is not to be taken as limiting the meaning of the words preceding it.
- Any provision of these terms and conditions that is invalid in any place is only invalid in that place to that extent, without invalidating or affecting the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions or the validity of that provision in any other place.
- If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you must not use or sign-up to any Electronic Service, including this website and any electronic newsletters.
- For Voiceless’s Security & Refund Policy, please click here.
Voiceless Limited ABN 49 108 494 631 – 2 Paddington Street Paddington NSW 2021