This engaging and informative 40-minute educational podcast is suitable for first year to advanced law students. Students can listen in to hear from some of Australia’s foremost legal experts and animal advocates, discussing their experiences with trying to achieve animal law and policy reform in Australia.
- Nichola Donovan, President of Lawyers for Animals.
- Ana Smietanka, Co-Founder of the Animal Law Institute.
- Georgie Purcell, Vice-President of Oscar’s Law.
- Shatha Hamade, Legal Counsel at Animals Australia.
- Tara Ward, Co-Founder of the Animal Defenders Office.
- Nicky Neville-Jones, Chair of the Law Institute of Victoria’s Animal Welfare Committee.
- Daniel Cung, Chair of the NSW Young Lawyers Animal Law Committee.
- Dr Jed Goodfellow, Senior Policy Officer at RSPCA Australia.
- The Hon. Mark Pearson, Member of the Legislative Council of NSW (Animal Justice Party).
- Laurie Levy, Founder of the Coalition Against Duck Shooting.
This presentation provides an overview of the key concepts and processes of law reform in Australia, and explores the challenges and future opportunities for animal law reform.
Prepared by animal law expert, Dr Alexandra McEwan (CQUniversity), with assistance from Dr Jed Goodfellow (Macquarie University), Prof Nick James (Bond University) & Dr Meg Good (Voiceless).
This presentation can be accessed in a variety of formats:
Access some of the most relevant and up-to-date literature and commentary on this topic, here.
TUTORIAL AND ASSESSMENT PROGRAM
If you are an animal law educator and would like to access a professionally developed Tutorial and Assessment Program on this topic for use in the tertiary classroom, please email: email@example.com
Materials produced in collaboration with the Bond University Centre for Professional Legal Education