Lesson Twelve: English, Yr 7/9
Share, Reflect, Redraft
Resources you will need
- Lesson 12 Narrative Writing PowerPoint slides
- Narrative writing checklist worksheet
- Animal Protection Encyclopedia
- Encourage students to share their completed narratives with another student.
- Bring the class together, and ask each pair to share with the class the different approaches they adopted, writing them up on the board as you progress.
- Discuss which approaches were most effective, and why.
- Ask the students to reflect on:
- The concept of narrative writing and their experiences with it;
- How they constructed their narratives, and how they reacted to the narratives made by other students.
- Which approaches to narrative writing they chose to use, why they chose them, where and how they used them, how well they worked, etc…
- Have the students reflect on the NAPLAN minimum standards for Year 7 or Year 9 (located on different slides) and ask them to assess their work against these standards.
- Read and discuss the NAPLAN marking criteria, and encourage students to evaluate their narratives against the Narrative writing checklist worksheet.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.