Lesson Ten: English Yr 7/9
Bringing it Together
Resources you will need
- Discuss with the class the role and purpose of narrative writing prompts.
- Divide the class into two, and then have the two groups report back to the rest of the class on their investigation of ‘The Box’ writing prompt, and the ‘Discovery’ writing prompt.
- Have students apply their skills and knowledge about writing prompts to The Lives of Animals book cover featured on the PowerPoint slide.
- Discuss with the class the importance of an ‘orientation’ in narrative writing.
- Consider the example orientation provided. Read and discuss it. Identify the ‘who, what, where and when’.
- Make notes and discuss as a class how the example orientation could be improved.
- Discuss the role of the complication in a narrative. Use the prompt questions on the slide to engage students and test for prior knowledge.
- Read the example and have students make notes on how this writing could move from basic to being more developed.
- Read and discuss the questions that relate to the resolution. Read the examples and discuss where these questions are answered.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.