Lesson Three: English, Yr 7/9
Structure and Arguments of Persuasive Writing
Resources you will need
- Lesson 3 Persuasive Writing PowerPoint slides
- Dolphins in Captivity Fact Sheet
- Animal Protection Encyclopedia
- Explain that as they now have an increased understanding of persuasive writing techniques, they will be working on constructing a piece of persuasive writing themselves, with a focus on structure and arguments.
- Explain that they will be using the Dolphins in Captivity Fact Sheet for this task (distribute the fact sheet to all students). Ask students to read the fact sheet.
- Run through the ‘Lesson 3 Persuasive Writing’ PowerPoint slides.
- The slides enable students to review some sample persuasive writing responses, and discuss the ways that these texts are structured, how arguments are presented and language is used.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.